Monday, July 6, 2009

Surprise By Crappy Design


You see that beautiful waterview home? It was for sale for about $239K and someone bought it.

Do you know what they did?

They painted it an ugly blue.

BLUE!

I mean, they could have powerwashed it and maybe tried to get the original greyish-wood color thing back; and make it look like a home that's in a beach community.

Which it is!

But no.

They painted it BLUE!

AN UGLY BLUE!

Is there a home abuse hotline I can call to report this hate crime?

4 comments:

  1. If you got close enough to that house you would have been able to see the cedar was rotting away.Not my choice of a color but I am thankful it's not sitting empty another year. I think it's an improvement over what we were looking at and I hope the new owners are enjoying their view!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The house seemed to have cosmetic problems only. They have fixed the most obvious. I'm really happy someone has bought the house, it had huge potential (many a day I wished I had investment cash for this one). I don't mind the blue, it's a seaside colour, a lighter grey-blue would have been better... but for me the worst offense is...

    They forgot the chimney!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cedar thing is moot, since they could have just replaced it and left it uncolored (just weather treated). It would have been better. And yes, hope they're enjoying it. And I agree, a lighter greyish-blue would have been way better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmm well at least its not covered in plastic

    ReplyDelete